Children Champion Center
Our Community LA would like to spotlight a different champion each month that is making a difference in the effort to end or alleviate homelessness for children and youth under age 26. Contact Denise McCain-Tharnstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping OCLA start this new program.
Latest Children Champion
Our Community LA will spotlight a different champion each month that is making a difference in the effort to end or alleviate homelessness for children and youth under age 26. We welcome nominations of outstanding individuals or entities.Read More »
Nominate a Champion
Once this program launches, we will welcome nominations of outstanding individuals or entities. To read about our planning for Children's Champions, please read below:
Children’s Champions envisions reflecting the broad spectrum of talent converging to address youth homelessness in Los Angeles County, and will be drawn from all regions, backgrounds, professions and walks of life.
Who is eligible to be nominated?
- The nominated individual or agency must have demonstrated a remarkable commitment to improve the lives of homeless children and youth in Los Angeles County.
- The nominee must fit into at least one of the following categories:
- Agency (Direct service provider) provider
- Agency management or program staff;
- Government Official or staff,
- Funder or Philanthropist;
- Reporter or blogger
- Individual Professional or Consultant
- The nominee must consent to being featured on Our Community LA’s website in a Children’s Champion essay.
- Our Community LA celebrates the important impact being made by diverse champions all around the county and in this spirit will give careful consideration to a nominees region, and category of contribution.
NOTE: *An advocate is defined as any individual/agency, who is actively raising awareness of youth homelessness, promoting greater respect and empathy for homeless children or mobilizing action in either the legal or social realm.
How to Nominate a Champion
Nominator must submit a brief letter of recommendation in support of the proposed champion (250 words or less) describing either
- How the nominee is making a difference to the lives of the homeless youth she/he touches or
- How nominee’s work is improving understanding about how to mitigate the impact of homelessness or end youth homelessness all together.
Nomination Letters shall be emailed to: email@example.com.